Hours of Operation
|Spring 2024 Hours
- We are closed on days when classes do not meet and do not checkout equipment over holiday breaks without a written request from SJMC faculty. Students should check the schedule to make sure the office is open before visiting.
- Our staff close the equipment room at the scheduled closing time. They are not required to stay late to accommodate special requests.
SJMC Equipment Checkout
The School of Journalism and Mass Communication's Equipment Room has a variety of A/V equipment for short term loan to SJMC students. SJMC Equipment Checkout has an assortment of equipment that include:
- DSLR cameras
- Hand-held audio recorders
- Light kits
- Many more items
Before you Checkout…
There are a few things you should know before visiting SJMC Equipment Checkout:
- We do not loan equipment to faculty or students in other departments. Please do not email us asking for an exception.
- Your TXST Student ID card is required to verify your identity to checkout equipment. We do not make exceptions to this rule.
- Students must be on the list of approved students to checkout equipment for the semester.
- You must agree to the terms of our Equipment Checkout Policy to checkout equipment.
SJMC faculty members may make reservations of equipment if a large amount of equipment is needed on a certain day or after office hours. To do so, an email must be sent to SJMC Equipment Checkout firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 24 hours notice.